There are a variety of law firm marketing methods available to acquire new clients. One of the most popular strategies is using PPC (pay-per-click) ads.
This form of advertising can be an effective temporary or supplemental source of leads for law firms. But, with the wrong approach, it can drain your marketing budget quickly. This is why many law firms investigate using PPC management software or seek out PPC management for lawyers.
What Is PPC for Law Firms?
PPC is a form of advertising where you state the amount you are willing to pay for a click on your ad, similar to bidding at an auction. If you are among the top bidders for a particular search term, your ad will be displayed, and you pay each time a visitor clicks on your ad.
With Google Ads, you are paying to show up in the search results when someone searches for a particular term, such as “divorce attorney in Atlanta.”
That sounds relatively simple on the surface, but Google also gives your ads a “Quality Score” that will impact your costs and your ad’s rankings. That score is based on three factors: your ad’s relevance, the quality of your landing page, and your click-through-rate (CTR).
Your ads can also show up in Google’s display network, meaning people will see relevant ads on websites they visit that agree to run Google ads. Finally, PPC ads can run on social media networks, like Facebook, which allow audience targeting.
The Pros and Cons of Using PPC
PPC ads are an incredibly effective tool for lawyers to attract leads. Whether you’re operating a large law firm or a solo practice, you can get started advertising quickly with PPC marketing.
Pros of lawyer PPC advertising
- Your audience is looking for you online. About 96% of people seeking legal advice start their search online.
- Paid ads get results. Nearly half (46%) of clicks on the search results page go to the top three paid ads.
- Your competitors are asleep at the wheel. Less than 10% of law firms report using Google Ads.
However, PPC ads aren’t for everyone, and they have a few downsides.
Cons of PPC ads for law firms
- They can get expensive. Depending on your choice of keywords, paid ads in the legal space can be costly.
- High-maintenance. A successful PPC campaign requires testing and adjustments to achieve the best results.
Is PPC Management Software for Lawyers Useful?
Managing your law firm’s PPC campaigns can be time-consuming and complicated without help. If you take a “set it and forget it” approach to PPC ads, you’re likely to regret this decision when you see the bill. In addition to wasting resources, you might also be missing opportunities to gain business by failing to pay close attention to campaign performance.
One way that your firm can manage its PPC ads more effectively is by using PPC management software for law firms. Some of the potential cost-cutting and time-saving benefits of this software include:
- Keyword analysis and discovery
- Bidding and budget management
- Performance tracking
- Optimization suggestions
- Multiple campaign management and tracking
If you’re just advertising on a few keywords with a small budget, you may not want to invest in subscription PPC management software. But, as your needs expand, it’s vital that you have some way to manage your marketing efforts.
Some of the signs that your law firm might benefit from PPC management software include:
- You are running many different ad campaigns with various keyword combinations.
- You want to optimize your PPC campaigns but aren’t sure how.
- You are making a profit on your PPC advertising but don’t know which campaigns or keywords are profitable and which aren’t.
- You don’t have the time to review your campaigns frequently enough to make changes necessary to maximize results.
If you decide that your law firm would benefit from using PPC management software, you have plenty of options. You can narrow your choices based on:
- Ease of use
- Customer service
A few widely-used PPC management software tools include WordStream Advisor, Optmyzr, and Adalysis.
Outsourcing Law Firm PPC Management
PPC advertising can provide fast results for law firms because it’s a simple way to get your business in front of the people searching for your legal services. But it can also be costly if you don’t have the experience or time to dedicate to ongoing adjustments.
While PPC management software for lawyers can be useful, it’s still another system that you’ll need to learn and monitor. If you want to focus on serving your clients and running your business, an alternative is to outsource your law firm PPC management to a partner you can trust.
Martindale-Avvo has helped law firms with a wide variety of digital marketing solutions, including PPC, content marketing, and SEO. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help your firm get the exposure and leads it needs.