Thank God It’s Legal Friday with MA | August 11
Have you already caught a case of the Fridays this morning? Well, you’re in luck because Thank God It’s Legal Friday! Martindale-Avvo presents Thank God It’s Legal Friday, our bi-weekly news flying around the legal community:
- Federal judge addresses a ‘burning’ legal question: does the phrase ‘attorney fee’ require an apostrophe and an ‘s’?
- A lawyer was punished for filing many disability lawsuits using uninformed plaintiffs
- ABA House urges that it’s unacceptable to refuse bar admission based solely on immigration status
- Certain criminals’ lifetime ban on voting violates the Eighth Amendment, says 5th Circuit
- According to the ABA House, ‘cybersecurity is a journey,’ and attorneys’ expertise must be up to date
- Plea bargaining principles will result in a more ‘fair and just system,’ says task committee co-chair
- Changes to the Supreme Court’s ethics and openness are suggested by ABA panel
- According to a new NALP survey, talent wars caused the class of 2022 law graduates’ wages to reach new record-highs
Check back in two weeks for a new issue of Martindale-Avvo’s Thank God It’s Legal Friday.