So you signed up for Martindale-Nolo’s Pay-Per-Lead. What’s next?
A firm’s growth relies on turning leads into active clients. Below are 6 steps your firm can take right away to get the most value from your pay-per-lead service:
1. Profile Setup: Ensure that your Martindale-Nolo profile is complete and accurately reflects your legal practice. Include information about your areas of practice, expertise, experience, and any other relevant details. Periodically update this information to keep it current, especially with certifications or awards.
2. Lead Notifications: Make sure that you’ve set up your account to receive lead notifications promptly. This allows you to respond quickly to potential clients.
3. Follow the 4 Rs of Success:
Response Time: It’s crucial to respond to leads as quickly as possible. Potential clients often reach out to multiple attorneys, and a quick response can increase your chances of securing their business.
Attorneys need to call, email, or text new leads immediately; ideally in five minutes or less. On average, 37% of attorneys reported this as their #1 success factor. Response times longer than one hour are missed opportunities.
If the lawyer or point person is tied up, ill, or in court, designate an employee to respond on behalf of the attorney. This person needs to answer basic questions about the firm’s practice areas and a prospective client’s case.
Repeated Attempts. Persistence is key. Successful firms contact every lead at least 2-3 times, and are typically flexible with the date, time, and contact method. It’s only after weeks of unsuccessful attempts do they consider the lead unreachable.
Meet clients where they are: prospects use all methods to contact firms – email, phone, chat, text. Attorneys who reply in the same method as their clients increase the likelihood of connecting with a lead.
ROI. Always let the numbers be your guide. To understand a firm’s sweet spot for how, when, and the frequency of follow-up that ensures success, attorneys need to track and measure how many leads converts to clients. Some factors to analyze: how clients find attorneys, what is the firm’s SEO, and who is the competition.
Rapport. As one of our attorneys stated so wisely, “people are coming to you at a time of need – you just need to listen.” Get to the essence of your customer’s problem first by understanding their problem, concerns, and limitations (if any). Then discuss the solution that wins the lead.
4. Craft personalized responses: When responding to leads, tailor your messages to the specific details provided by the potential client. This demonstrates that you’ve carefully reviewed their case and are genuinely interested in helping them.
5. Follow up consistently: If a potential client doesn’t respond immediately, don’t be discouraged. Follow up with them to show continued interest and to address any additional questions they may have.
6. Monitor performance: Keep track of the leads you receive through Martindale-Nolo and assess the conversion rate. This will help you evaluate the effectiveness of the platform and make informed decisions about your marketing strategy.
Remember that success with pay-per-leads services often involves a combination of responsiveness, effective communication, and strategic budget management. By actively engaging with the leads provided by Martindale-Nolo, you can maximize your chances of converting them into clients. If you encounter any issues or have questions about the platform, don’t hesitate to reach out to Martindale-Nolo’s customer support for assistance: 877-317-9160 or [email protected].
Top Five Lead Follow-up Mistakes