Local Q&A: Is Memorial Day weekend a busy time for DWI attorneys?
Memorial Day weekend is often considered a busy time for DWI attorneys in the United States. Because it’s a holiday weekend that marks the unofficial start of summer, many folks associate it with social gatherings, parties, and outdoor activities. Unfortunately, it is also a time when alcohol consumption increases, which can lead to an increase in incidents of driving under the influence (DUI) or driving while intoxicated (DWI).
Law enforcement agencies often increase their efforts in monitoring and enforcing traffic laws, including impaired driving, during all holiday weekends, not just Memorial Day. However, this does mean that there are higher number of DUI/DWI arrests and subsequent legal cases during this time.
In our findings, we see that DWI attorneys experience increased demand for their services around Memorial Day weekend as individuals charged with DUI/DWI offenses seek legal representation to defend their rights, navigate the legal process, and potentially mitigate the consequences of their charges.
So while these charges and arrests vary per region and local enforcement efforts, among other factors, it generally is considered a busy time for DWI attorneys.
How do I take advantage of this time to help people with DWI charges?
Probably first by getting your name out there via advertising. DWI attorneys use various methods to promote their services and reach potential clients, such as:
- Online Marketing: Many DWI attorneys use digital marketing strategies to advertise their services. This includes maintaining professional websites that provide information about their practice areas, experience, and contact details, such as Avvo, Martindale, and Lawyers.com. By leveraging search engine optimization (SEO) techniques to ensure their website ranks well in online search results, attorneys can leapfrog the competition with social media ads and legal directory placements.
- Referrals and Word-of-Mouth: DWI attorneys often rely on referrals and word-of-mouth recommendations from satisfied clients, other attorneys, or professionals in related fields. Providing excellent service and positive outcomes for clients can help generate referrals, as well as actively seeking client testimonials and reviews to showcase their expertise.
Read more: Three Steps to Getting a Martindale Peer Review Rating
- Print and Media Advertising: Some DWI attorneys advertise through traditional print media, such as newspapers, magazines, and local directories. They may also tap into radio or television commercials to reach a broader audience, and don’t discount the billboards along the highway!
- Networking and Professional Associations: Active participation in professional organizations and networking groups can help DWI attorneys build relationships with other legal professionals, generating referrals and increasing visibility within the legal community.
- Content Marketing: DWI attorneys may create and share informative content related to DUI/DWI laws and defense strategies. This can include blog articles, videos, podcasts, or social media content that educates potential clients about the legal aspects of DWI cases while showcasing their knowledge and expertise.
Read more: How DWI Attorneys Find Clients in Dallas, TX
- Community Involvement: Participating in community events, sponsoring local organizations, or providing educational presentations on DUI/DWI topics can help raise awareness about the attorney’s practice and build trust within the community.
Read more: Five Strategies for Creating a Brand People Love
It’s important to note that advertising rules and regulations vary among jurisdictions, so DWI attorneys must comply with local legal and ethical guidelines when promoting their services.
Got a question for your area of practice in a specific location? Get connected with [email protected] and ask us! All inquiries will remain anonymous.