Upcoming webinars (1)
Mass Torts: What Is It and How You Get into It
March 10, 2021 at 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM ESTWe’ve all read the headlines about the lucrative settlements and big fees mass tort firms receive. Do you have what it takes to get a piece of the action? Join us for a live webinar on March 10th to learn: • 3 key tactical pillars a firm needs to be successful in mass torts • The key questions to ask to determine if mass torts are right for you • The knowledge required to diversify your practice by taking this path
*All attendees will receive a complimentary copy of The Complete Guide to Law Firm Intake, written by Gary Falkowitz, who will be presenting the webinar.
On-demand webinars (24)
How to Make Your Life Easy Managing Cases in Microsoft Office
January 20, 2021The Microsoft® suite of products may be one of the most underutilized resources in your law firm. Rather than approaching your investment as standalone email, word processing and document sharing tools, you can harness their combined power to manage your cases and streamline the management of your firm with Captorra Case. Learn how and why managing your cases in an environment you already use every day simply makes sense. You’ll walk away with an understanding of:
- Why your Outlook inbox should not be your file management system
- Collaboration tools Microsoft Office provides that you probably aren’t using
- Why integration is nothing to fear
- How Sharepoint, which you already have, is one the most robust document management products on the market
Litigation from the Client's Perspective
How often do you put yourself in your client’s shoes? Famed CEO Dan Price of Gravity Payments shares what he found useful during the legal defense of his company’s controversial $70,000 minimum wage.
During this webinar you’ll learn:
- The helpful strategies lawyers used during Gravity Payments’ legal issues
- What information helped Dan and his legal team make decisions at critical moments
- Key insights to help you dive into the mind of your clients to achieve better outcomes through litigation
Understanding the Legal Consumer
September 23, 2020Responsiveness is one of the most important factors for legal consumers. This spring, we surveyed more than 3,000 legal consumers to discover the most important criteria when choosing an attorney. Learn how to extract the information you need to better connect with prospects and turn them into clients. Watch Webinar Recording
You've Got Online Reviews - Now What?
August 5, 2020You’re well aware of the importance of having online reviews and have taken the first step by actively seeking clients to review you. Now that you have online reviews, what’s next? A panel of attorneys led by Brian Veeder, Manager - Attorney Experience at Martindale-Hubbell, will share information about what you should be doing in order to make the most of the online reviews you receive.
During the webinar you'll learn:
- How to leverage your reviews to gain more exposure on Google
- Do’s and Don'ts when obtaining more reviews
- How to respond to negative reviews
- Using reviews to improve your operations
Live Q&A with WebMD Chief Medical Officer, Dr. John Whyte
July 16, 2020In his first attorneys-only webinar, Dr. Whyte distilled for us the hundreds of news updates and reports about COVID-19 into digestible chunks of information, answering your questions in the process. Please join us again as Dr. Whyte helps us understand what lies ahead for our professional and personal lives. Watch Webinar Recording
Legal Tech - Don't Get Left Behind
June 24, 2020A panel of attorneys and technologists will share how their companies are helping attorneys gain efficiencies through cloud-based contract drafting, electronic payment systems, and more.
During the webinar you'll learn:
- How fellow attorneys turned their challenges into technological solutions
- Innovative legal technology you can use to set your firm apart from the competition
- How to anticipate the needs of legal consumers following the COVID-19 pandemic
- Dan Lear, Owner, Right Brain Law
- Liam Moriarty, Co-Founder and CEO, Lawgood
- Erin Levine, Founder and CEO, Hello Divorce
- Emery Wager, Team Member, Gravity Legal
Future Proofing for Small Law Firms
June 2, 2020Disruption in small business is as great as we’ve ever seen it. Today, many small law firms are wondering how they will continue to earn an income through difficult times. Erin Gerstenzang demonstrates how the VU-C-A model that the US Military and big businesses use to brace for future volatility are instructive for small law firms. She shares practical examples of how small law firms around the country have designed simple, yet innovative legal services that insulate their businesses during periods of disruption. She illustrates:
- How to look for new, underserved pain points of people who your firm can help
- How innovative legal services can insulate your firm through practical examples
- What steps you can take today to prepare for minor and radical changes in business conditions
Electronic Signatures Best Practices
May 12, 2020Signing clients used to be a luxury but it has now become a requirement. Sure, you can subscribe to an eSign tool, but there’s an art around having prospects actually execute these agreements. Watch this presentation on the best practices for implementing eSign to ensure successful results. You will learn:
- How to use eSign to decrease the time for getting a new client signature from days to hours
- How to create the ideal length fee agreement
- The steps you need to take before your first call...to make it your only call.
Legal Consumers Online Behavior During COVID-19
April 29, 2020
Our data experts gave an unprecedented look at our consumer data across our network of websites.
Gain insight into searches by areas of practice, location and more:
- A walkthrough of our consumer data and search trends across our networks during COVID-19
- Tips to help you use our data to fuel new growth for your practice
- Answers to your data questions
SEO during a pandemic: A Live Q&A
April 15, 2020COVID-19 is changing how, when, and what legal consumers are searching. You may have seen some of the impact of this already on your traffic or conversion rates. A team of SEO specialists answers questions on what you should be doing right now to leverage these recent changes in behavior and use them to your advantage. Learn:
- Actions to take to make sure you continue to be found
- How to combat a dip in traffic to your website
- The best steps to take to come out stronger on the other side
Live Q&A: Your COVID-19 Questions Answered
March 31, 2020Watch our COVID-I9 Q&A with Dr. John Whyte, chief medical officer of WebMD, where he answers questions from attorneys. Dr. John Whyte has spent two decades speaking about public health issues to those in and outside of the medical community. Prior to WebMD, Whyte served as the director of professional affairs and stakeholder engagement at the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. He was previously at Discovery Channel where he developed, designed, and delivered educational programming on medical health. Dr. Whyte is a board-certified internist. Watch Webinar Recording
Top 10 Lead Conversion Secrets
March 25, 2020Turning qualified leads into satisfied clients requires relationship building starting from the moment of the first contact. You establish these relationships through the information available on your website, digital communications, and with your intake staff. Our lead conversion strategy experts, Lawrence Disparti, of the Disparti Law Group, Mark Shepherd, of Ngage Live Chat, and Denny Newberry, of Captorra, will help you answer the following questions:
- How do client reviews factor into lead conversion?
- How do you build an effective intake process?
- How do you sign clients on the first call?
Attorneys' Top 5 Lead Follow-Up Mistakes
October 29, 2019You can have the most successful marketing strategy but if you fail in converting your leads to clients, every penny and ounce of energy spent goes to waste. Join us for this 30-minute webinar on how to avoid the most common mistakes law firms make when following up with leads and learn how to increase the number of prospects you turn into clients. Presenters: Carl Jaeckel, founder of Class Action.org; Denny Newberry, Vice President of Business Development at Captorra.
Watch Webinar Recording
Improve your Firm’s Marketing with Exclusive 2019 Research
August 21, 2019What do clients value in an attorney? Are they more interested in your online reviews or your fee schedule? In the age of online information, do referrals still matter? As more potential clients perform their entire attorney search online, law firms are recalibrating how they manage prospects’ expectations and clients’ needs. How do you keep pace and win the hearts of consumers looking for you? Join Erin Gerstenzang from EHG Law Firm and Patrick Palace from Palace Law as they give you the secrets to using the results of "Hiring an Attorney 2019," a proprietary report that covers the legal journeys of 6300 consumers. They’ll draw on data and experience to dive into the consumer decision-making process, the value of service they expect, and how they make their final choice. Watch this webcast and come away with a clear understanding of how your prospective clients think, feel, and act. Be empowered to: ● Enhance your firm's marketing strategy to more successfully reach the specific prospects you're targeting. ● Use your current clients to help you grow your practice. ● Streamline your communications to deliver the information that will cause prospects to select you as their attorney Watch Webinar Recording
Get More Bankruptcy Clients
October 24, 2018In just 40 minutes, a panel of attorneys and law firm marketing experts will share with you 40 practical ways to get more clients. Learn proven tactics on how to be found by prospects, turn them into leads and convert them into satisfied clients.
- Ann Shaw, founder, The Law Firm of Shaw & Crowson, PA
- Adam Casanelli, Legal Marketing Specialist, Martindale-Hubbell
- Chelsey Langan, Vice President of Sales and Operations, Martindale-Nolo
- Brett Whitten, Legal Conversion Expert, Ngage Live Chat
Watch Webinar Recording
The Positive Impact of Negative Reviews
September 26, 2018We all know that good reviews are good for business. So, it’s only natural for attorneys to fear any negative reviews. But what if negative reviews weren't always so bad? Research tells us that 82% of consumers seek out negative reviews. View our webinar with a panel of experts discussing how these reviews can actually help bring potential clients to your practice. They discuss the research, walk through real-world examples, and offer solutions for appropriate responses to the reviews you receive. Responding to bad reviews doesn’t have to be complicated. Review best practices for crafting a reply.
- Adriane Museneggi, Group Product Manager, Avvo
- Patrick Palace, Owner, and Attorney, Palace Law Firm
- Esther Sirotnik, Corporate Counsel, Avvo
- Brian Veeder, Product Manager, Ratings & Reviews, Martindale-Hubbell
SEO for Lawyers Simplified: 7 steps you can take yourself
December 6, 2017 Being found online drives a law firm’s growth. Visibility equals website visits equals potential clients. So how does a firm get to page one of Google? Learn from our panel of legal SEO professionals as they detail the top seven steps a firm can take on its own to increase its website’s visibility. Key Takeaways
- How SEO can be free
- Ways to create content Google will like
- Which strategic links to your site matter most
- Why you must focus on being found locally
- David DiGregorio, Martindale-Hubbell SEO Specialist
- John Ferrughelli, Martindale-Hubbell SEO Specialist
- James Pantelopoulos, J.D., Martindale-Hubbell SEM R&D Specialist
2 key growth strategies for solos and small law firms
October 12, 2017There are two important ways to grow your practice: Expanding into complementary practice areas or new locations. In this webinar, you will learn which strategy makes sense for you and walk away with proven tactics to ensure the successful growth of your practice.
- Lazaro Carvajal, Esq., Founder, Lazaro Carvajal Law Firm
- Ava L. Zelenetsky, Esq., Founder, Zelenetsky & Associates, P.C.
- Daniel Alonso, Sales Manager, Martindale Legal Marketing Network
- John Ferrughelli, SEO Specialist, Martindale Legal Marketing Network
Presented in conjunction with:Watch Webinar Recording
Optimizing your online reputation and credibility
May 11, 2017Before making a decision, consumers often go online for research. That includes when it comes to hiring new lawyers. That means you need to be easy to find, and showcase the information that matters most in terms of helping consumers assess you and your practice. The foundation of your legal practice rests on your reputation and the trust that it generates. This complimentary webcast will discuss how to assess and enhance your online identity and reputation, and how to position yourself the way you want to be perceived. The presenters will coach you on how to monitor your online reputation in order to maintain your personal and professional standards. In addition, you will receive a complimentary guide to asking for and optimizing online ratings and reviews.
- How to assess your current online reputation
- Easy tips to enhance your reputation and differentiate your firm
- What to do if you get a negative review
- How to present yourself as a thought leader
- Steven W. Giovinco, Founder, RecoverReputation
- W. R. Samuels, Esq., Founder, W.R. Samuels Law PLLC
- Brian Veeder, Esq., Ratings and Reviews Product Manager, Martindale-Hubbell
Best practices for winning more clients
Hosted by the ABA Young Lawyers DivisionYou've worked hard to obtain client leads and referrals for your law firm. Now what do you do? Learn from our panel of online marketing and legal professionals as they share best practices, new technology and intake resources that have helped attorneys win more clients.
- Top 3 Online Marketing Tactics
- Critical response time and follow-up best practices
- Simple lead nurturing tips, including email, text messaging
- New website conversion techniques
- Intake practices & technology
- Mark Nichols, Associate – Stearns, Roberts & Guttentag, LLC
- Chelsey Langan, VP-Sales – Martindale-Nolo
- Reza Torkzadeh, Owner/Attorney – The Torkzadeh Law Firm
- Chris O'Brien, CEO – Captorra
- Mark Shepherd, President – Martindale-Ngage
Have questions? Contact us at or [email protected] if you want to learn more about the webinar, online marketing or lead generation. Watch Webinar Recording
Using social media to grow your law firm
Learn how to utilize social media for networking and client development. Optimize reach across LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and other channels to drive traffic and leads to your site. The webinar presentation and panel discussion will cover:
- Why Social Media Is Important
- Choosing The Right Social Media Platform
- Developing The Right Content
- Personal versus Professional Presence
- Ethics and Social Media Policy for Lawyers
- Joseph P. St. Loui – Attorney, Nesci St. Louis
- Dori Eldridge – Social Media Manager, Martindale-Hubbell
- Gyi Tsakalakis – Founder, AttorneySync & EPL Digital
- Ben Henderson – Regional Sales Manager, Martindale-Hubbell
You’ve got 10 seconds: How to grab website visitors so they stay, read, and convert
When people with a legal issue arrive at your website, you only have a few seconds to grab their attention and convince them that they’ve come to the right place. Once you’ve jumped that hurdle, you need to show them why they should hire you. Learn how to create content that connects with the clients you want.
The webinar addresses:
- Using top-level messaging to make a great first impression
- Connecting with website visitors using language they can relate to
- Demonstrating your ability to provide solutions
- Maximizing engagement through attorney profile pages
- Generating trust with informative practice area pages
- Bryan Clark, Digital Content Lead, Martindale-Hubbell
- James Pantelopoulos, J.D., R&D Specialist, Martindale-Hubbell
Why lawyers need online reviews and how to get them
Online reviews have never been more critical in winning new clients. More than 80% of consumers check lawyer reviews as their first step in finding an attorney; a whopping 70% even said they would travel to an inconvenient part of town to hire an attorney who had better online reviews. Learn from legal industry experts how to use online reviews to differentiate yourself from competitors and grow your practice.
The webinar addresses:
- Why online reviews are a must-have
- Reviews' impact on search engine ranking
- Client versus peer reviews: The importance of both
- How you and your firm can get (more) reviews
- Steps to achieve a Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating
- Best practices for promoting good reviews and mitigating negative ones
- Lia Smith, Vice President of Education & Marketing for SatisFacts
- Brian Veeder, Martindale-Hubbell Ratings Products
- Christopher Bryant, Martindale-Hubbell Search Engine Marketing
Best intake practices for retaining more clients
Provided with the American Bar AssociationYou’ve worked hard to obtain client leads and referrals for your law firm. Now, what do you do? Learn from our panel of online legal, marketing and attorney experts on best practices, new technology and intake resources that make a huge difference in retaining clients.
Webinar topics include:
- Top 3 online marketing tactics.
- Critical response times and follow-up best practices.
- New technology for engaging clients.
- Why intake is important and how any sized firm can do this better.
- Chelsey Langan - VP, Sales
- Mark Shepherd, President - Ngage Live Chat
- Austin Andrukaitus - CEO, AttorneyASAP
- Joshua Eyestone - SSDI Attorney, Heard & Smith